Welcome

We are all temporary visitors here, passing through on our own unique journey. Despite our varying backgrounds, I believe we are one community, one world.

As such, it is in our best interest to learn from one another, share our trials and triumphs, and hopefully, leave the world in better shape for those that will follow.

I believe that there is a better way to experience life than what we've been led to believe, and I'm actively seeking to find that way (though, surely there are many).

I believe that love conquers all.

Most importantly, I believe.



Monday, December 20, 2010

Day of Reckoning

I admit, the title is a bit melodramatic.  The events of today, while not insignificant in my journey forward, do not qualify as a day of reckoning.  A day of truth, perhaps.  A day of confession.  A day I admitted that I cannot do all, be all or please all.  What was this revelation?  I said no.

I admitted that some obligations I have made are too much for me to handle; that I am no longer the right person for the job.  That was unbelievably tough.  I worried that I may let someone else down.  I worried that I may unintentionally hurt feelings.  But, almost miraculously, I gave myself permission to be truthful anyway.

So far, I've only heard back from one of the two people to whom I made my confession.  And you know what?  They did not crucify or curse me.  They didn't criticize me for my decision.  They thanked me for even trying.  They called me a kind, compassionate person, and said they appreciated my efforts.  Wow, didn't see that one coming.

Their gracious response reaffirms that it's okay to admit that I am not perfect.  I try, and sometimes I fall short.  And the world doesn't come to an end when that happens!  Whew!  What a relief!  And what a valuable lesson for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment