Welcome

We are all temporary visitors here, passing through on our own unique journey. Despite our varying backgrounds, I believe we are one community, one world.

As such, it is in our best interest to learn from one another, share our trials and triumphs, and hopefully, leave the world in better shape for those that will follow.

I believe that there is a better way to experience life than what we've been led to believe, and I'm actively seeking to find that way (though, surely there are many).

I believe that love conquers all.

Most importantly, I believe.



Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sowing the Seeds of Love

I was recently having dinner with some of my closest peeps.  Over the course of our discussion, we started to talk badly about some people that we know.  Not people we would have chosen to come into our lives, necessarily, but who are part of our stories nevertheless.  After a few minutes, I suggested that we change the subject to something else, and we moved right along.

On my drive home, it really began to bother me.  If I am truly going to live a life of love, that means extending grace and mercy in unlimited quantities, especially to those that I might think deserve it “least”.  And let’s be honest, these people are no more flawed than me, but perhaps their flaws are just more obvious.  It’s far too easy to pick apart someone who very clearly doesn’t have it all  together.   Our thoughts, our words, our beliefs…we send these out into the world, and they are woven in with your thoughts, words and beliefs, as well as everyone else’s thoughts, words and beliefs, to collectively create the fabric of our world.  Do I really want to add more nastiness, negativity or hate?  Do I want to diminish love, or do I want to increase it??  Of course, I want to do the latter.  But it’s not enough to say I want to do it; I must live it.  So I must consciously watch my words, control my thoughts, and ultimately, guard my heart, because my words are a reflection of my heart.

What’s your heart condition?  Are you building others up or tearing them down?  Are you making the world a brighter, more loving place, or are you contributing to the darkness?

Lord, let me be a beacon of love in this sometimes cold, cruel world.  Let me speak words of encouragement rather than judgment.  Let me spend less time talking about living a life of love, and more time showing love through my actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment